Monday, July 16, 2007

A solid night at the office

After lounging around and breaking even online today, Devin, Rob and myself headed down to the Wynn, met up with Owen and Alex, and sat down for a session. I sat 1/3 which was looking nice and deep (effective stacks for half the table probably around 800, then the other half with 200 or less probably), while Devin sat 5/10 and Rob 10/20. The night was a lot of breaking even, but a nice run in the last couple hours of the session. Some key hands:

Couple of limps around I complete the SB with J8dd. We take a flop 3 or 4 ways of 7x6d5d. I check BB leads middle position raises and I repop it to 163. BB shoves 90 over that and MP folds. I obviously call, he has 77 and I brick off twice. I basically never play the hand differently (I do lead sometimes). Oh well. Quick -several hundred there. 4 or 5 hands later big donkey limps I limp A3dd we take a flop ways of K84 two diamonds. Checks to me I bet 15 donkey calls. Turn pairs the 4 and gives me the big flush. Donkey checks I fire pot he calls. River is an offsuit jack making the final board Kd8d4x4dJh. Donkey leads 75 into me I jam and he has like 275-300ish behind. He tanks forever commenting on the fact that I don't play many hands (which a) is completely untrue I was in a lot of pots and b) he said that the 2nd hand I was dealt in at the table, as well as the third and fourth), and after thinking FOREVER calls and obviously mucks. I really don't know if he could have had anything but KJ but who knows. That put me back around even, and for the next several hours thats just about where I stayed.

A long time later I end up making a flush in a blind battle vs a reasonably aggro British guy (who blows up at me when I outdrew his straight, shipit, and thats what you get for playing your hand poorly), then flop a set with 99 in a min 3-bet pot vs AK on K97 flop and the guy open jams, then we FINALLY get shorthanded around 3:30am. Live shorthanded is fun as no one knows how to adjust so I got to play 6 handed for an hour and 4-5 handed for an hour, taking just about every pot that people offered me...though most small just making sure I was in a lot of pots.

Up and down up and down, but the night ended well, that was the interesting stuff that I can remember, finished the night +400. Considering I hit 3-4 flops all night in any type of big way after an 8-9 hour session I'm pretty happy. Hopefully I'll get to play a couple more decent sessions before I head back east....there are talks of a house sit and go to take place at the palms tomorrow, so we'll see if that develops. It's about 6:30am local time now, so I'm gonna consider heading to bed. Thanks for reading.


-Alex

No comments: