Friday, July 6, 2007

The parents are in town

so today I woke up around 11 and headed down to the MGM grand where my parents are in town for a few days with my younger sister for her martial arts convention. Its a nice time for them as they can make it a vacation.

Basically we hung out by the pool all day, and had a nice dinner at a mexican restaraunt in mgm (for the life of me, i cant remember the name of it). afterward, i said goodbye to my parents and decided to play some cards while waiting for rob and his girlfriend. I was pretty tired so i decided to not play much 2/5 tonight, but I sat 1/2 at mgm and to say the least, the game was laughable.

I did run well, and it started out with a german guy calling 3 streets of betting with one pair and mucked to my overpair (AA on a K high board, obviously), and continued when I was dealt AA again, and an over aggressive swedish kid basically announced he knew i had AA preflop when i 3 bet (yes, obviously i only 3bet AA preflop), which basically TOLD me he was going to take his "call the flop, bluff when checked to on the turn" line. sure enough, thats what happened, and i shipped a couple hundred more in that pot. I bluffed the swedish kid taking advantage of my nit image, and kind of just ran the table for a while but only played for about 90 minutes before deciding I was too tired to keep going. +500.

I walked over to the Bellagio afterward then got a call from my friend misha (AZK's brother) that he had come along last minute to vegas for the weekend with Ari. Rob and his girlfriend Noel (spell check?) met up with us and mikeCH after I hightailed it to the Rio. We had a few drinks for misha's birthday, and I caught a glimpse of the 100/200 nl game going on featuring a drunk ben affleck and matt damon, and a sober daniel alaei and gabe thaler licking their lips. After a nice sit down and catch up with the boys, we said goodbye and after a long long day, headed home. I wake up in about 5 hours for a family brunch with my aunt as well, so I'll look forward to that (and less forward to not sleeping tonight). Thanks for reading.


-Alex

No comments: