Wednesday, July 4, 2007

1/2 PLOMAHAHAHAHA and a balla dinner

so this afternoon we decided we wanted to go the Orleans for some old school vegas and play the only 1/2 PLO game that we knew of. After arriving and finding out we'd have to wait a couple of hours to get the game going, Rob, Devin and myself headed to the palms to play before we met up with Riverboatking and all of the HSNL crew for a celebration dinner for RBK's 10k PLO final table.

When we got to the Palm we saw two small poker rooms, and several empty tables, so we asked if they would spread a 1/2 PLO game for us. They graciously complied and we started a three handed PLO game. Quickly, the game grew and eventually, with a couple of randoms, nathan, brett and ben joined the game as well. Albeit a "friendly" game, every other pot was a big big pot for a 1/2 PLO 200 minimum buy in, and Rob and I came away the big winners. I ended up getting it all in in a 4 way all in when I flopped a big wraparound with 89TJ vs a bigger wraparound, and two different 2 pair and flush draw hands. The turn and river were both kings, and though I was sure that the paired board made my turned nuts no good, it didnt, and the ONLY card on board that could pair and still give me the win did. I chopped a small main pot with brett and his wraparound and I took down a huge side pot that basically put me +570 on the session. ship PLOmahaha!

After the game Rob, Devin and I had to head to Nine, the upscale restaraunt at the Palms for the celebration dinner where we met up with other 2p2ers including: riverboatking, jman, travestyfund, apathy, raptor, inyaface, bigt, fslexcduck, ahnuld, us three, and a couple of other close friends and 2p2ers I did not know.

Dinner was really awesome...we completely balled out with the HSNLers on four incredibly expensive bottles of win (at least 300 each?) and all of the appetizers and main courses. We all threw down 150 for the dinner, and with a 500 dollar balance after that, we did a 17 way flip for the remainder. Phil (jman) chose number 16 and with all of our credit cards in the middle, riverboatking counted off the top. Jman and I were the only ones both from maryland, so when both of our cards were right next to each other, I thought I was in trouble when I saw blue Chevy Chase, knowing I was 1:1 to pay the last 500. Luckily, RBK flipped over the card and it read Phil Galfond. Ship not having to pay the last 500! close one. Afterward we just decided to head home, myself drunk and Rob tired. In typical expensive dinner fashion + drunkenness, I graciously vomited up the remainder of my 200(ish) dollar meal and decided to call it a night. Tommorow, there is supposed to be a party at the SNGicons mansion, so we'll see what the day brings with that. Thanks for reading.


-Alex

No comments: