Sunday, July 15, 2007

Meh

I went down to the Bellagio today to do a favor for a friend, and I decided to sit for a while. The 2/5 list at the Bellagio was not moving so a while later I walked over to Caesars to play the 1/3 500 max game. Game was nitty and not great, but I ended up getting up because I didn't deserve to make money. In an early hand I had Q8o in the bb and saw a 3 way flop of 79Tcc. It checked to the button who bet 10, both the sb and me called. The turn was an ace and i fired pot, the button folded and the small blind called. The river was a jack, and for some reason (I credit it to idiocy and not paying close enough attention) I though I only had a jack high straight, and the sb fired 80 into me. He had about 100 behind and I was sure he wasn't folding to the chop so I flat called the raise. DOH! Wow, wish I read my hand correctly because he flipped 86 (obviously) and I scooped and didn't even realize it until the dealer announced my queen high straight. Why am I dumb? I have no idea. I got up and took a lap around the room, and told myself that if I made another careless error that I wouldn't be treated to everyone at the tables' money.

Sure enough, a while later I grabbed chips to open raise a pot with AKdd and I made it 20 under the illusion that I was at the Wynn where they have 3 dollar chips. Too bad only the wynn uses 3 dollar chips and I had 5 dollar chips when I meant to open to 12. I took down the blinds, but when I realized that yet again I made a careless, inexcusable, stupid error on a routine open raise I stuck to what I said and told myself that I just wasn't allowed to play if I couldn't adhere to not playing like a moron and making mistakes that a drunk person would make. I got up +220, which was still nice, but missed out on another 150 or so in equity and feeling like I had just smashed my head into a wall, with those stupid mistakes. Live and learn I guess.

I came home, hung out for a while and got an IM from spacegravy saying to come over and hang out at the SNGicons mansion while he grinded a bit. I headed over there, watched him luckbox his way to victory by never losing coinflips, and just shot some pool and drank a bit and hung out with him, z32, and a couple of z32's friends. I wasn't dressed or ready to go clubbing so when they left I just headed back home. Not a very happening day, hopefully my head will be removed from my ass for tommorow and I can proceed with life.

Also, Dave (Green Kool Aid) arrived yesterday. He was supposed to live with us the entire month and was the reason that rob was living here at all (they're best friends outside of the online poker world), but due to life he ended up not coming out. Luckily he gets to enjoy a few days out here. "Happening" house with 8 of us here now, should be a nice last few days. Thanks for reading.


-Alex

No comments: