Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Double update

Not a ton going on here the last few days; we've had 2p2ers in and out of the main event pretty quickly, including our very own luke (IWEARGOGGLES) being the 1st one out of the 2007 main event! Give it up for Luke! Everyone else seems to be following in similar fashion, and running like ass, but Isura, Rob, and Devin are still in the event so hopefully we can continue to get something going for day 2.

Yesterday all we did was play online. I played a bunch of multi's, ran like complete crap in everything, but at least made all of my buy ins/entree fees back playing cash games. boooo donkaments, yay cash games. It was uber rigged, but oh well, these things happen.

Today, after a nice late mexican lunch, Devin, ALreturns (who has finally arrived in one piece, six days later off of a train from West Virginia...dont ask) and myself headed down to the WSOP to check on Rob and Isura and whichever other trout were still present in the tournament. We didn't find much but got to see Isura at the featured table with Phil Hellmuth (he ended up busting Hellmuth, shipit) and Rob working up his stack in his typical pwnerific LAG fashion.

After a bit of sweatage, we headed over to the Venetian and met up with Dan (Citanul) and his girlfriend for dinner at a nice French Restaraunt. I enjoyed dinner for the most part even though I was still somewhat full from lunch, and I very much enjoyed finally meeting Citanul. He was nothing like I expected in real life in appearance but still a good Jewish guy and was overall very nice and a pleasure to hang out with.

After Dan put his GF in a cab back to MGM, we all headed down to the Venetian poker room to try and put a short session in at the tables before Devin had to head back here to rest up for WSOP Day 2. After a ridiculous wait for 1/2, AL and I got seats while Dan and Devin played some 2/5. My session was not terribly eventful; I 3-bet every opportunity I could (4 times in 70 minutes) with J9s, AQo, 99 and KJo. All of these pots were either folded pf or folded to my flop cbet when I inevitably missed every flop. Fortunately in live cash when the other guy misses to, no one wants the pot anymore except the guy that continues to bet aka me. So I took a lot of stabs and went up and down with my stack, though no big swings. The only medium sized pot I got to play was against Scotty's (from Europtrip) brother, while Scotty stood behind him and watched. I raised QQ in the hijack over limpers to 20 and his brother called on the button. His brother called me down on a jack high board, and I made a 4 straight on the river on the J 9 x 8 T board. He folded to the river after calling down my PSB's all the way, and it was a nice 150ish pot. After this, Scotty and his brother walked off and I sat for a while not getting much going. I only ended up sitting for 70 minutes before Devin wanted to head back so he could rest up for tommorow. I ended +60, weeeee.

I'm only here for another 10ish days, so I'm going to try and put in a good amount of time at the tables, and hopefully not busto this last week+. I wish all the 2p2ers left in the ME the best of luck, and may your AA/KK start holding up. Thanks for reading.


-Alex


Edit: The only other mentionable that I can think of are the last few days where I have decided to take on a few students to coach in low buy in Sit and Go's. Over the last several weeks I have gotten more PMs (private messages) on the 2+2 forums from low buy in single table tournament players asking for coaching than I know what to do with. For a long time I simply denied coaching and recommended some other known coaches/solid SNGers that posted on the forum, but I've decided for several reasons that this will be a good experience for me beyond any coaching I've done for friends or the occasional poster on the side. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: