Wednesday, July 18, 2007

House game at the Palms, hangin with the ballas and the Bellagio

So last night we decided we wanted to play a house sit and go, and since we knew nothing in poker ever happened at the Palms, and they had spread a game for us once, we tried there. They ended up not allowing tournaments for us so we decided to play a 1/2 mix PLO/NLH. I ended -100 after donking a river bluff when JShuttlesworth called with his bluff catcher, then at the end 3 barrel bluffed one of the two fun randoms that sat at the table and dumped 1k each to our game. I was tired so I didn't play a "real" live session afterward.

Today I woke up and eventually Devin and I dropped off Rob and Dave to play at Bellagio and we headed to the shipitholla mansion to hang with the ballas for a while. We basically hung out there, watched the WSOP final table in their awesome home theatre, got messed up and ate...overall had a good time, the entire crew is very hospitable and all very nice guys despite having ridiculous amounts of money.

We left the shipit mansion and headed to Bellagio around midnight for a night session. I sat 2/5 and quickly realized that my table was the most loose/passive table in the world featuring one old guy who literally just called anyting for anything with any type of close to made hand ever. He limp/shoved JTo at one point and, when he had the betting lead would bet down with basically anything. No one was 3 betting preflop at this table and I had a pretty tight image, so when there was a raise to 25 from a solid player and 5 callers, i had to have that 140 in dead money, so I made it 120 to go with T5o (obv). A short stack moved in for 75 total, so I realized I would have to show down my hand which kind of sucked, then the old crazy guy called the 120 more. I flopped a 5 on a super drawy board and ended up checking it down with the old guy, and my T5 was good against his K7o for king high and the short stack mucked, and I took a 350ish pot down with my pair of fives. Woooooo. No real other interesting hands, stacked a couple of short stacks but not much to talk about. We ended our session around 515-530am and headed home. +400, decent.

I have barely two more days in Vegas and I have to say going into the last couple days its been awesome, and saying goodbye to the ballas was depressing because they are great guys and really know how to be both hospitable and have a good time. Hopefully the last couple days will go successfully without any shocking Las Vegas story that you hear about on the news. Thanks for reading.


-Alex

No comments: