Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Rio.....and the Rhino

So I didnt update yesterday; heres a capturing of the shenanigans.

So 2 nights ago we headed to the Rio to watch days 1 of the 50k HORSE event. The field was obviously stacked with 148 of the toughest mixed game tourney pros that come out to Vegas/play here full time. We sweated Zeejustin sitting next to Doyle Brunson for a while, before taking a lap around the tournament and sitting to play some side games.

As usual, side games were decent/good at the Rio. I played 2/5....nothing too interesting, finished +120 and the only pot I even saw a showdown on was when a queen-latifah like chick to my left called my flop bet in raised pot on a AQxss flop. We both checked a deuce turn and I checked the river when the flush card filled (obviously planning on calling a bet with my AK) when she checked behind and mucked. She kept calling for deuces in her hands just to be dumb, and when I told her that the deuce didn't stop me from betting she replied with "oh i know, i know what stopped you from betting"...obviously implying that the flush card did. Well, missy, you are dumb and wrong....if she was right, she should've bet the river (and she would have been power owned when I snap called). But anyways, the game was weak and when we finally got short handed (to only my excitement) the game broke.

I then went to the 10/25nl uncapped game in the "big side game" section where Rob (Bobbo) was sitting with over 5k. Unfortunately, the hand I sweated was his bust out hand: Everyone had him covered in this hand and UTG+1 (big stack with over 10k) raised to 75. The button called and Rob repopped the SB to 300. Both players called and Rob led the flop dark for 625. The flop came K62hh and the big stack was basically going nuts over the dark bet, trying to figure out what the hell he was doing, and finally calls the 625. The button tanks and folds. The turn is an offsuit 3 and Rob leads 1150. The big stack again tanks and calls. The river is a Q (puke), and Rob checks. The big stack sets him in for his last 2k or so, giving him juuust over 3:1 on the pot, and Rob called with AK and lost to the 3-outed KQ. GG.

Rob was incredibly distraught (and understandably so) over the loss, so what else is there to do after losing a pot like that but to hit the spearmint Rhino aka the hottest strip club in Sin City? We did just that.

We got to the rhino around 5am and sat in their main room with girls pole dancing and tons of strippers coming in and out of the table sections dancing on guys, trying to pull them into the private show room ($$$) and what not. Unfortunately, yours truly was victimized. I was pulled into the back by a hot black chick and got my share of what goes on in the backroom at the Rhino. When I was pulled into the 2nd back room, however, I knew I was spending no less than 1,000 that night and decided to cut my losses at a whopping 500 when I overtipped the stripper in an awkward spot to save myself 500-1k more. Ouch. I was pretty pissed at myself and the situation for the night, but no one really to blame except me and the big guy down there. Such is life.

We proceeded to sit around and drink for a couple hours when we finally gathered up futuredoc from stripperaments and headed home. We got home at about 730am, and hung out and proceeded to crash for the day. Yesterday, we basically did nothing except play online. Ben, Travis, Nathan, Rob and Matt played a 109 mtt and had a 100 dollar last longer bet. Ben, being the luckbox that he is, didn't tell anyone he was going to win the damn thing. It's pretty tough to lose a last longer when you win the tournament, so thats just what he did for a cool 9.1k. We were all sitting around in uber pwnage fashion as he just couldn't lose an all in or showdown.

We then played a 5.50+r fixed limit omaha8 tourney online, and that was rigged too, so in one last hurrah we had a 5 dollar last longer on a 10 cent mtt on stars between me, Travis, Rob, Brett and Nathan. The catch is, you had to be all in every hand. I shipped it, going out the same hand that Nathan did but with more chips, and I won the last longer. Wooooo

Thats about it for now, today there will likely be 50k HORSE sweatage, playing, and a big 2+2 dinner gathering. Thanks for reading.


-Alex

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Its not so 'obvious' that you were gonna check call the river bet given that you never told us your hand lol