Friday, June 22, 2007

Day 2

Basically we sat around the house today until around dinner when we finally settled the rental car situation and decided to head out to the Rio to check out the action. We got there just in time to see Vanessa (fslexcduck) take on rekrul (high stakes NL player, very solid). The match was over pretty fast, and Vanessa was out in 4th for just over 100k. A nice score, but unfortunate when she ran top pair into a turn flush for the tournament not 15 minutes after it started. Still though, she took down some amazing players HU in the tournament including Peter (Apathy) and Doyle Brunson, just to name a couple. She'll certainly have continued success to come.

After the rio we headed over to the bellagio where Rob (BobboFitos) sat 10/20, devin (DevinLake) and Matt (the hippo from hell) sat 2/5 and I headed to Caesars with Brett (Blackize) and Travis (Costanza). I sat 1/3nl 500 max. I didnt do a whole lot here but the only big pot I played involved me stacking the mid stack BB when I flopped top set on a JT8ss flop when I led the flop and he insta-shoved.

I was up about 140 in this game when the game started nitting up slightly, and two seats opened to my left. As I was looking around to see who would fill the seats, ben (bengiec) and Nathan (futuredoc) come and take the seats. wow, what a seat change for me. The table basically sucked for me from this point on, and although they were kind enough not to constantly 3 bet me, I didn't have position on any good player at the table and the bad players weren't sitting deep enough to make a long session there worth while.

Brett and I then headed to Monte Carlo where we sat some 1/2nl. DevinLake met up with us after a rough bellagio session and sat to my right. Basically, he power owned the shit out of me. The only real pot we played together was when the laggiest player at the table straddled (standard for him) to 4, Devin called in the SB and I repopped to 16 (I should have made it 20, for the record) with the AKcc. Both players called. On a QTXr flop, I was trying to check/raise bluff the lag player thinking his betting range when checked to was going to be enormously wide. Of course, I was not so fortunate and the flop checked through. On a low diamond turn (putting out a flush draw), Devin check/called a bet of a bit under pot (35 into a 43 or something similar). The river filled the flush and Devin checked again. I couldn't really figure out what I could get him to fold on the river after whiffing my gutshot and his turn call, so I checked behind and he angrily turned over a flush. Wow I am so good at poker. Basically, I'm really not so good because I was dealt J3 more times at this table than in my poker career thus far. I got nothing going and just let the shit show continue. Only having lost about 100, we called it quits a few hours later and after meeting back up with Matt, headed back here. I finished the day +29 over just about 5 hours, shipit.

Tommorow, I expect a better day and a longer session, so we'll see how that goes. It's now 5am, 8am body time still, so I think I'm going to wind down and hit the hay soon. Thanks for reading.


-Alex

4 comments:

Asher said...

shipppitttt

Aaron said...

wow that flop plan is FPSing

AMT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AMT said...

ummm, check/raising gutshots is the nuts n00b