Thursday, June 28, 2007

More side games at the Rio, and a 2+2 gathering

Yesterday we finally got out of the house after some late nighting and what not, and headed to the Rio to sweat the 50k HORSE event. After watching Zeejustin pwn for a while (he ended up in 18th, just out of the money, good game Justin), I sat some 2/5nl. I was getting cards, but no action. I was continuing to open wide just so I could play some pots against a seemingly soft table, but no one was paying me with anything. Finally, I had to three barrel bluff a guy just to take down a reasonably sized pot. A relatively weak/tight player (seemed sane at least) limp/called my raise from the hijack when I held two black sixes. The flop came Ace high with two spades and he check/called my flop bet. At this point, I was putting him on some type of reasonable draw or a mediocre Ace. The turn bricked, and I fired near pot. He very quickly called my turn bet and I narrowed his range to a big flush draw or top pair with not too much of a kicker. I decided at this point that if the draw bricked on the river, it was a good spot to go with a three barrel bluff. The river did brick the draws, the EP player checked and i bet 330 and he quickly mucked his cards saying "you must have me outkicked". Shipit. Other than that and picking up some small pots, nothing too interesting happened. +175 that session.

When we left the Rio we headed over to the Venetian for a scheduled 2+2 dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe. Even though the uber-rigged restaraunt wouldnt hold our reservation and we ended up splitting tables, the 2+2ers featured: our house minus futuredoc and bobbofitos, DF_Newb, Daleroxxu, JSH06, and most of the shipithollaballa mansion (usher, inyaface, good2cu, travestyfund, bigt, apathy, a couple of their friends), as well as Irieguy and his girl.

Dinner was a good time, and we decided to hit Tau, the club in the Venetian. As we went to the bouncer to get into the club, he quickly turned me away for having shorts on, and for having a fake ID. so rigged. He took my ID and I ended up having to pay him off to get it back. -70. sosososo rigged. We ended up going back home to change clothes, and myself, Devin and Jared (JSH) met up with good2cu, Dale, Apathy, inyaface, and two of their friends. We got a VIP booth at studio54 (club inside the MGM grand) and basically partied it up there. It was a really fun time and all of those guys are really stand up guys. I'm glad we all had a chance to chill/party together and I certainly don't think it will be the last time it happens while I'm out here.

Other than that, the 5,000 buy in shorthanded NLH WSOP event starts tommorow at noon. In addition, the final table of the 50k HORSE is being played down, so between those two events with all of the 2p2ers in the 5k event, and myself playing side games at the rio, it should be a solid day tommorow. Wish all of the 2p2ers luck in the event, we have a huge edge in this field with the strong representation of entrees, and we really need a frickin bracelet already! THE WSOP IS RIGGED AGAINST TROUT! Gl all, and thanks for reading.


-Alex

No comments: