Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Quiet week

Thanksgiving break was great. Spent a few days down south at my grandparents and got some much needed family time in. It's always nice to see my grandparents, aunt and uncle and family friends, as I probably get down there two or three times a year, tops nowadays. The actual thanksgiving feast was amazing, by far the best meal of the year, and lived up to every ounce of expectation that I had for my grandmother and aunt's excellent cooking.

I came back friday night and got to spend saturday with some close friends from home. I went to lunch near home with a few of them, and later that night my closer friends came to my apartment at school for football, beers, and relaxing. It was definitely a great time. I don't think I'd seen one of my closest friends from home in 6 or so months, and most of them are not around in general so thanksgiving still remains a closely tied holiday.

School has been quiet since friends left and classes started up for the week. Luckily, I have a couple of days off from heavy course work until final exams start up again soon. The bright side is a likely great winter break is on the horizon.

I haven't played much poker...and by not much, I mean I think I've played 2 sessions this month. Pretty pathetic, but I'm going to charge ahead to sneak in platinum for the month regardless and turn up the heat. Then, when break starts, I can continue. Hopefully that plan works, I am certainly capable of disappointing myself. We'll start with 300 games in the next couple days, and go from there. Thanks for reading.


Alex

No comments: