Sunday, November 18, 2007

hrmph

The week was tough, as expected. I got lucky midway through the week and found out that my 30 page final english paper was due monday (tommorow) and not friday. I have gotten to play no poker, and spent about 20-25 hours outside of class doing school related work. Unfortunately, my exams did not go as well as I'd hoped despite starting preparation earlier than I normally do, but hopefully I can stop the bleeding and finish the semester reasonably. There isn't much more that I can think to do beyond what I am already doing, so I'm just going to stick it out.

The plus side to finishing the week was a very very fun weekend. Friday night we had a party in the apartment and had a nice showing, and an overall good time (highlights: my roommate running around in a poncho and an off-duty stripper showing up). Last night, my friend Leah had a "WTF" theme party, where the idea was to dress in something that would elicit a "WTF?!?!" response when walking down the street. With no time to gather an outfit, I went in a nice array of sweat pants with baseball spandex on top, brown dress shoes, gloves, and the very same poncho from the previous night. I must say, I think I may have been the best dressed. My roommate Tim ended up showing up with a few friends and shared enjoyment, with lots of beer and some really good 7 layer been dip. Tim couldn't resist topping off the party with karaoke, and I must say I've never seen anyone get quite so into it before. Another good, fun night.

This week brings gathering the loose ends of my english paper together, go over some coaching stuff, and getting to the last couple days of classes before thanksgiving break. I am very much looking forward to a couple of days off before the last leg of the semester (including birthday!) I don't know that heavy poker volume will continue until after final exams, we'll see how it goes. Thanks for reading.


Alex

No comments: