Thursday, September 13, 2007

holidays

well, that pretty much sums it up. i have basically nothing going on this week due to the jewish holidays/laziness so ill be doing a lot of the home-for-meals thing. Other than that, i have played basically no poker and done basically nothing with my frat so im trying to turn both of those things around currently, in addition to keeping up with school, which is so far so good. With rush come and gone I look forward to spending a good amount of time with our pledges. Last pledge class I regret not being there for as a brother and I think it hurt my relationship with some of them. I'd like to go out on a strong note in that sense. We'll see if I can be active long enough to keep that up.

I also officially started coaching this week, having my first couple of coaching sessions with some 16s and 27s STTers. Both went reasonably well for my first formal sessions for levels that ive beaten.

On a related note, I've decided to keep sit and gos in my poker regiment for now, mainly at the 60 dollar level while i continue my cash game quest through nl100, 200 and eventually to 400. This will allow me to make sure I'm not rusting up on my sng game while im still taking on students to coach at the lower buy ins. It'll also give me a shot to test my resolve at the 60s, as I have a very small sample at the level in recent memory. Ill also continue mtts and live cash games up through nl500.

All of this aside, however, its WCOOP time! Pokerstars big online tourney series starts tommorow and goes for weeks and in addition to satelliting in, I'm looking to sell some of my action (contact me if interested). we'll see what comes next, for now its holiday time. Thanks for reading, Happy new year (Shana Tovah)!!



-Alex

No comments: