Saturday, May 26, 2007

An update!

I went on a last minute beach trip this week for a few days with some high school friends....definitely part of a balanced summer kick-off. I'm not gonna lie, we basically just drank the entire time, but seeing everyone and hanging out together after months of barely being able to keep in touch with them because of things happening at school...crucial. Great trip overall, and a big thanks to my Goldy for putting us all up and being such an awesome host (and thanks to his parents for trusting us enough to not burn down the place).

With all of that done, I got back to school last night and my roomate aaron (manchild on 2p2) had people over to drink and hang out. Not being able to turn down a fridge fully stocked with beer...yes, I think I've been drinking for 4 or 5 days now. We wound up at the bar but last night was by far the most ridiculous Ive gotten this week. I think it involved car bombs and rum at one point, but I'm still alive to tell the tale. Alex one, alcohol 0.

Other than that, looking forward to seeing everyone else I haven't seen. I plan to just continue the awesomeness that has ensued since school let out until I head out west.


Poker:

I've decided to just continue with sit and gos online until I either reach my money goals pre-vegas or have a yearning desire to play more online cash in the next few weeks. Despite the fact that SNGs are rigged, they get me to focus more than I generally do (leak that I'm fixing steadily) and the swings are much more manageable especially since I have an easier time playing deeper bank-rolled in tournaments.
I only managed to get in 250ish sit and gos in the 3 days I got to play for the PokerStars double VPP promotion. The first 2 days I was running hot and ended up at about a 33% ROI and was about to break a 1K 15 tabling 16 dollar turbo SNGs after only a few hours of work. On the third day I lost a bit but still would up with a 21% ROI over the small sample and still made more than I would have 6 or 8 tabling the 60 dollar games.
I'm also going to continue to put in some time at the live 1/2 games locally and continue to "condition"/pwn before Vegas. Though I was not all that happy with the way I played at my last live session, I still have yet to be a loser at any one live 1/2 game (at the games Ive played more than once, meaning when I stopped going to the game I had won money overall). Thats about all for now, thanks for reading.


-Alex

2 comments:

Brandon "The Carter" Guernsey said...

i write better blogs than you. but i still love ya bud. we gotta chill before you leave for vegas. do some cuervo, since thats all ur weak stomach can take. haha. hit me up!

AMT said...

hahaha im down