Thursday, May 17, 2007

hmmmm

Life stuff:

First day back after school/exams have been done with. I took my anatomy exam at 8am (and by "took" I mean showed up, filled out the multiple choice part of it, wrote an angry note to my TA, and bounced), and then basically came back here and did nothing. It felt nice to be a waste with no academic responsibility for the time being. We'll see what comes of it...


Poker:

A couple of hours later I finally worked up the energy to play poker for a while. Much to my dismay, the most recent downswing continues. I only played 300ish hands today because I started late, but the only big pot that I played had me getting it all in out of the SB with an OESFD (open ended straight flush draw) vs the buttons J7s (top and bottom pair). I did not improve and ended the day down almost 2 buy ins. Typical day, everything was standard but when its the 512512878 "typical day" in a row, it gets a bit frustrating. I just can't seem to get any help from the deck right now in any regard. It seems everyone around me runs well when I'm losing. Such is life.

Beyond the whining, I'm going to try and put in some time live over the next few weeks before I head to vegas. I did well in my only recent live full ring cash game outing, and the tables are great, so we'll see what comes of that. If I keep facing what I've been in the middle of for months online, it'll probably be back to sit and gos for me for a while...*shudder*. Wish me luck.


Thanks for reading,

Alex

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Yeah, I do run good when you run bad.